Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mobile Office Update 4

I am at my third stop on the "Operation Mobile Desk"tour. This time I'm in the Finance Department, or as they like to say,"FUNance" Department. In the past this department has kind of a reputation for being quiet, or to themselves, off in their little bean counting (pun intended) lair. Considering how important it is to be accurate and timely with the fiscal dealings of a business, I don't expect them to be dancing on their desks. But like the other departments they genuinely seem to be enjoying their jobs. In finance we have Rand -CFO, Brian- Controller, Debbie-Accounts Recievable, Marylee-Purchasing, and Angela- Accounts Payable. Each one with their own unique personality. It turns out they're all totally fun! Witty comments, Lot's of laughter, and a collaborative, can-do attitude. They made a little welcome sign for me, and Debbie even had treats celebration my "arrival" As usual my Mobile desk is right smack dab in the middle of the department, so I get a true sense of the dynamics of the group, and it's Awesome. Luckily our exciting Dillanos culture has infected our financial folks. I'm staying here for this week and next week as well. I still have so mant stops on the tour, uncluding the roasting warehouse. Most people don't know I (and by brother Chris) are extremely allergic to the dust from unroasted coffee beans. So I am literaly going to rig up some kind of a enclosure, Boy in a Plastic Bubble style, with a little air purifier inside. I will be showing photos of that adventure for sure. More updates coming soon.

No comments: