Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Champs Of Dodgeball


We started a monthly dodgeball game today at Dillanos. We value company culture here, it's a huge priority, but I had no idea how fun a simple game of dodgeball could be. Now, I tend to get a little competitive, so I usually stay out of company games, but I couldn't resist. I was the captain of one of the sides and we picked the team old school playground style one by one. There ended up being about 22 people on each side. When we said go I could tell that we were in for a real battle. We were playing 2 out of 3, but there was no need for the third game. My team kicked butt 2 games in a row. One of the guys on the other team was a champion in a dodgeball league. I didn't even know there were dodgeball leagues. He was tough, but our side got the job done. See that's my competitive side getting the best of me again. In reality the whole experience was a wonderful team building event and a great time for everybody. All this for a few bucks worth of balls and an hour of time. So get you're people together out of the job environment once in a while. You'll be amazed at the results. Pictured on the right is my winning roster. DJM

No comments: