Thursday, December 11, 2008

Jott For iPhone

I wanted to take the time today to talk about Jott. Jott is an application that I have been using on my iPhone. I'm not sure it's the same company, but I remember a Jott app from the days when I used a Palm Pilot. It was a Handwriting recognition progran that worked better that the standard one included in the device. I was re-introduced to this new version of Jott from Timothy Ferris, author of "The four hour work week". He has talked about it's functionality and ease of use on his blog several times.
Jott is a free app from the iTunes app store. There is a paid upgrade version, but this free one has been working great for me. Essentially it's a voice to text program but the way you use it is awesome. I use it to update my tweets on twitter, my status on Facebook, and to create goals and notes with my voice. It then translates those to text and automatically posts them online and in my iPhone. I spoke at lenght about the iPhone in my last post, but it's apps like this that make it even more useful AND fun!! I think they have versions for other phone also so check it out and let me know how it works for you. I've included a short video tutorial that show the basic list functionality of Jott below. my next blog will be a guest writer named Lon LaFlamme. Lon and I wrote a book together Called "Brewing a hot Brand" available at Amazon of course. His topic will be about the importance of branding in this economy. CM

No comments: