Monday, October 19, 2009

Twitter: 72 hours of silence


I recently open my @coffeemaverick twitter account and to my horror the numbers for my following and my followers were both ZERO! Holy Cow, I just had 55,000 followers an hour ago. Where did they go? I literally had a sick feeling in my stomach. I quickly tried to refresh the page, nothing changed. My mind raced with thoughts like, “Will I ever get them back?” and, “These people are like my family!” Needless to say I was totally freaked out. This went on for 3 LONG days. This was 72 hours of having a lot to say and no one to say it too! As well as all of my “family” talking and me not be able to listen. It was weird; I actually felt lost. People were @replying me (that still worked) and saying, “Dude, what happened to your account?” I actually tons of support from everybody but nobody could get my tweeps back! Finally after a supportive @reply and subsequent emails from a well known Washington Tweeter who finally gave me a top secret twitter email address, I had my solution. I emailed the person and POOF! Instant gratification. I constantly refreshed my screen as my numbers come back one by one. There I was like a kid at Christmas staring intently as my followers and following numbers returned to their rightful place. As I am reading this post back to my self it sounds extremely dramatic. But in reality it wasn’t life and death, it is just twitter. But Twitter has become an important part of my business and personal life. It just has to be put into perspective like anything else. This month marks one year that I have been using Twitter regularly and it sure has been fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha... hey.. first rule of fight club..no one talks about..the ... well..you know. I'm glad to have helped. We need your tweets. ~ @Nansen