Friday, July 10, 2009

Top Things Accomplished Using Twitter

Over the last several months I have been using twitter. During that time I have had so many fun experiences that I wanted to jot some down, so here we go.


· Met and became friends with speaker Chris Widener. Chris introduced me to Dino Rossi; Dino was the Republican candidate for the governor of our state and came very close to winning. Now he invests with a commercial real estate group that we are going to be investing with. Chris, along with my company, started up a Conservative themed coffee brand called Positively Republican. (He has a Facebook group has more than 100,000 members. Also Chris has introduced us to the Editors of Success Magazine. He is on their advisory board and has a regular column for possible inclusion of our company in a future issue of the magazine.)

· I was featured and quoted twice in a national cover story in USA Today along with other CEO’s including Jack Welch and Steve Case.

· I learned about and adopted some policies from Zappos since following Tony Heisch the CEO of Zappos and got a super extended tour of the HQ including extra 3 hours of Q&A with different dept on their outstanding policies and procedures.

· The Ford Motor Company gave me a sweet Lincoln MKZ to test drive for an extended weekend just so I could tweet about it and give honest feedback on the vehicle.

· We have sold hundreds of lbs. retail coffee on the Internet with very little promotion on twitter.

· It’s been a really productive way to get answers and opinions to business and personal questions.

· When we go to a trade show such as Coffee fest Las Vegas the rest of the staff is kept abreast of what is going on when they follow us on twitter.


· I have gotten to know what our people do for fun, allowing us to better understand our amazing staff.

· I’ve become top 30 Conservative on Twitter.

· I’ve become the #1 libertarian on Twitter.

· I’ve been ranked #1 for the categories of Coffee, Espresso and CEO on wefollow.com

· I’ve been introduced, had a cool tweet up @ my roasting facility with Nansen Malin (@nansen) the #1 top female Conservative on twitter.

· I’ve been inspired by tweets from @tonyrobbins, @johncmaxwell and many others which I follow from my other twitter account (@davidjmorris).

· Facebook and Twitter are the #1 and #2 reasons people go to our Dillanos.com website according to Google analytics.

Of course along with all of the specifics results. I have had a ton of fun!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Great stuff, very inspiring article justifying investing time on Twitter.

Regards,

JF Biron
Automatixx Technologies
@standuppouch
www.automatixx.com
Latest video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wn526ARFMw

Unknown said...

Dave, open and honest. Impressive stats on top referrals from social networking. You need to look at your eMarketing a little closer, your main website doesn't have unique keywords in its source code and page content. You may be missing searches.

VERBPOWER said...

Life is a cup of coffee. Sometimes it's too weak. Sometimes it's too strong. Sometimes it's too cold. Sometimes too hot. Sometimes it's deceptively instant and disappointing. Sometimes, those wonderful sometimes, it's roasted and ground and worth the wait of the brew and then Life is just right. Even in all this, be content and rejoice and say "It is well with my soul".

Thanks for a great posting.

Dano Smith

@flashbite on Twitter

Unknown said...

I can attest to the part of selling coffee via your twitter post due to the fact you told me I was the first one.

Derek